Friday, March 9, 2012

Layla Ocean Rush

Layla Cosmetics has introduced a line of eight shades of holo polishes called Hologram Effect. I ordered two of them, Ocean Rush and Flash Black, and Ocean Rush is the star of today's blog post.


Bright medium blue holo perfection. O.O


Okay. Now that I got the initial oogling out of the way, here's the scoop. Layla is offering a special base file for use with these polishes that they say is like a base coat file... or something. I'll be honest and say that I didn't use that because I already buff my nails regularly (they are thick and strong, so they can take it), and I really didn't want to buff them further. Instead, I used my GOSH Fix Base Coat. Ocean Rush applied completely smoothly with GOSH Fix, and I didn't have any issues with bald spots or dragging or anything else weird. I think next time I wear it, I'll give it a shot with just my normal base coat to see if the application is any different. I did allow the polish to dry completely between coats (it dries super fast anyway), just to try to avoid any potential application issues. This is two coats.



I used my normal top coat, Pro FX Quick Dry, and didn't have any dulling of the holo effect once the top coat was completely dry. I had intended to put another coat of the holo over my top coat, which I often do with the more troublesome holos that are dulled with top coat, but Ocean Rush didn't need it.



I can't comment on wear because I've had it on for less than 24 hours at this point, but I really couldn't be happier with Ocean Rush. My first reaction upon putting it on was, "I'm gonna need about a million backups of this." It's pure amazingness. =D

I ordered Ocean Rush from Beauty Blvd (seller: directperfumes4u) on eBay. I was very happy with their service. They also offer the Layla Magnetics, LCN Magnetics and Color Club Magnetics.

Happy Friday! Thanks for reading!



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum... I see that you find the Layla holos, they are all amazing. You have to test the Mercury Twilight (a dupe of Ozotic 549) and Flash Black.
    Have a nice weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm, holy crap that looks amazeballs! @.@ I wonder if I can find Layla while I'm still in Europe. I need to see you swatch Flash Black NAO :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant get over how pretty this is to me. But sooo expensive! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooooooooow
    I need this polish!!!
    it's amazing:)
    your nails are cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!