Friday, December 23, 2011

Dr.'s Remedy Jolly and Joy Holiday 2011 - Swatches and Review

Dr.'s Remedy is a new-to-me brand, and I've been given the opportunity to swatch and review their holiday 2011 collection, Jolly and Joy. The collection consists of five shades; three shimmers and two glitters.

First up is REVIVE Ruby Red. I need to apologize for these less than great swatches. My bottle of REVIVE Ruby Red came with a defective brush, so I did this swatch with a brush about half the size of a normal brush. =( REVIVE Ruby Red is a lovely blackened red shimmer. I think the formula was pretty good, but I was challenged by the aforementioned defective brush.



Next up, PASSION Purple. Much better. Great brush, non-fussy formula. I like this one heaps, actually. It's a warmer toned purple shimmer. It's a little atypical for a holiday collection, but that's actually a plus in my book!



Third, we have ESSENTIAL Emerald. This baby is my hands down favorite. It's a mid toned almost grassy green with silver shimmer. Again, this is very atypical for a holiday collection. I love that this is a lighter green rather than the more typical dark greens we see at this time of year.



RESOLUTION Red Glitter is a really interesting shade to me - rose gold toned micro glitter with little glimpses of red glitter. I can't normally wear golds, but I feel like this one is actually wearable. I'm not sure I've ever seen a rose gold glitter before, so props to Dr.'s Remedy for this one. Great formula, by the way - this could almost have been a 1-coater.



And last up, SERENE Silver Glitter. This is the silver cousin of RESOLUTION Red Glitter - silver micro glitter with little glimpses of red, blue and purple glitter. I absolutely adore this one. Same formula as RESOLUTION as well - almost a 1-coater.




The brand:  Dr.'s Remedy was developed by two podiatrists who were interested in creating a healthier nail polish. The polishes are Big 3 Free, as well as being enriched with tea tree oil and garlic bulb extract. The polishes retail for $17 each and are available at www.remedynails.com.

My thoughts:  Overall, I'm really pleased with these polishes. The red and purple shimmers aren't the most unique snowflakes, but I really like the green and the two glitters. The formula is uniformly good across all of the polishes, full coverage in two coats, with the glitters almost being full coverage in one coat. That being said, I think the $17 price point is a little high. I usually will only spend that much on unique polishes that really dazzle me, like the Lippmann glitters. These Dr.'s Remedy polishes are very, very nice; they're just not $17 worth of nice to me personally.

I understand that Dr.'s Remedy does offer promotions from time to time, so don't forget to follow them on Twitter and like them on Facebook


'Til next time! Happy Holidays, y'all!

** Products in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer and/or PR firm
for my honest review. You can read my disclosure policy here. **


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These are really lovely, but I agree that the price tag is pretty high. Gorgeous swatches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, that green is gorgeous on you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!