Friday, December 16, 2011

Barielle Elle's Spell

I actually managed to put on a red polish this time! Can you guys believe it?! =D

Elle's Spell was originally released as part of Barielle's 2010 Holiday Hustle collection. Elle's Spell is multi-colored flakies in a red jelly base. The base is relatively sheer, so I layered it over a deep red shimmer, Zoya Blair. What you see here is two coats of Elle's Spell over one coat of Blair.


The formula is great, and it doesn't get much prettier than this. It feels so incredibly festive!


I understand that Elle's Spell can reach opacity on its own with about 3-4 coats. I just wanted to see what it would look like over a red shimmer, and I wasn't disappointed.


I've also seen pictures over it layered over black and dark purples that were drool worthy. I'll probably try it over Orly Wild Wisteria next time I wear it. 


I'm seriously considering making this my Christmas mani this year. I was planning on something like China Glaze Mistletoe Kisses, but I'm torn since wearing this one!


Barielle polishes are available at Barielle's website, as well as Transdesign, which ships internationally. Some shades were being sold at Ulta for a while, but my Ulta doesn't have them anymore. =\

Happy Friday, folks! 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous red. Great layering combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty on you! Mine is untried :[

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous.. I'm so happy this is in the mail on its way to me :)
    It really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just ordered/wore Elle's Spell over Zoya's Reva, but I think you can see the flakies much better over Blair! I *almost* put it over Dannii for a NFU 51-ish look... nom! And I love that you plan your holiday manis-- I always think, "But I'll be cooking! D:"

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks fantastic over OPI Tease-y Does It

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!