Monday, July 11, 2011

Barry M Dupe Check - Blueberry Ice Cream & Blue Moon

I ordered some Barry M polishes from the UK a few weeks ago, and they came in today. After I placed my order, I was concerned the Blueberry Ice Cream was too close to Zoya Robyn and Orly Blue Collar and their cousins. When the polishes came today, I was very happy to see that it wasn't close to Robyn at all, but it was suspiciously close to a couple of others I had. The contenders were China Glaze Bahamian Escape and Nicole by OPI Baby Blue.


They are all very similar in the bottles, but I was pleased to see at least some difference on my nails. Between two of them, at least. >.>


Nicole by OPI "Baby" Blue is quite a bit lighter than either of the others. But Bahamian Escape and Blueberry Ice Cream are virtually identical. Sure, if I squint and try to kid myself, I can pretend that the Barry M is darker. And it is, but only by a hair. I truly think that if I put both of them on in alternating skittles, by the end of the day even I wouldn't know which was which. The formulas on all three are very similar - two easy coats, very non-fussy. Now I have to figure out which one to keep and which to send to live with someone else. *sigh*

I fared much better in the dupe department with Blue Moon. The dupe contenders were Essie Sweet Talker (which I didn't really believe was a dupe, but it was worth comparing) and Hard Candy Sky. 


These actually even look more different in the bottles than the former ones did. On the nail, they are much different.


As I suspected, Sweet Talker was a good bit darker than the others. Sky is actually much brighter and more chalky than Blue Moon, and its formula is the pits. It's hard to work with. It's streaky in that way that lots of pastels are. Blue Moon is much, much better in that respect. Plus I bought Blue Moon to kill my lemming for Chanel Riva, and that's exactly what it did. (Stay tuned for pics of Blue Moon as a full mani as well!)

And that's all I have for tonight. Hope these comparisons help someone! As always, thanks for stopping by! =)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this I love comps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ReecesPeeces You're welcome! I love comps too, so I try to do as many as I can. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo Noelie now I need more blues. I'm already plotting a trip to Walgreens to get Sinful Colors Paradise and now I think I need a detour to Target as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Madeline I wouldn't be doing my job right if I wasn't creating lemmings! I love my blues... but I guess that much is obvious, lol. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!